Saturday, June 10, 2017

And Just Like That The Lawn Art Returns, And Doubles. #Gnomes

My Monroe friends who have housed my mooning gnome given to me by my upstate NY family was returned to me last night with a new friend: a pooping gnome. Same shirt, same beard, same hat, and same trousers - this time with trousers a little lower and with a lot more squat. This is Mt. Pleasant decor and my garden has never looked more...

...well, flavorful.

Seep. Creep. Leap. That's the mantra.

This year, many of my plants have spread, and I'm expecting them to take over next year, requiring new landscaping around the back yard. For now, however, I have a little guy willing to offer his fertilizer.

Is it wrong to draw a resemblance with my ol' boss in Louisville, Mr. Ron Freeman? I think it is the beard.

And all of this reminds me of how disappointed I was in the 2nd Harry Potter movie when the lawn gnomes were excluded from the film. They were vivid in my mind from the books, but ignored in filmic mode - bad choice in my mind.

We've had a lot of rain and this weekend we will have high temps and sun. I'm anxious to see what this will do with the garden, especially after the Miracle Grow was sprayed.

The lawn gnome should help, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment