Wednesday, July 12, 2017

I Learned to Improvise From My Grandma. It Serves Me Well With No Windows

Because of all the construction, space at Fairfield University has been really tight this year. As a result, one of our classrooms ended up being one without windows. I remembered all the times my grandmother spilled wine on her shirts and would improvise by coloring the stain to look like something more impressive.

Knowing my teachers would likely complain about a windowless room, I told them they should make an activity out of it, then create windows around the room for them to look out.

If the characters in there story looked out the window, what might they see. I modeled by having an octopus outside of my own. I didn't quite get to the story, but I did enjoy drawing my first ever octopus.

Now, anyone who gets room 002 and has to look at walls like they are in a psychiatric ward  can now be entertained by the drawings of kids so looking out the windows will be an experience anyone who's had the room before has never had.

It's Wednesday, everyone! Hump Day. Here we go! We got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment