Sunday, July 9, 2017

Had One of These Last Week and Was Thrown Back to 1994

Some 23 years, my housemates and I made it a pact that we would drink a Genesee Cream Ale every night of our senior year. Why? Because we lived down he street from The Pine Lounge and Hack, the owner, had pitchers of Genesee Cream Ale for $4. It was the cheapest beer we could find and that became our thing.

Fast forward. I'm 45 and a beer snob, when my buddy Dave comes out with a six pack of Genesee Cream Ale he said he found at Big Y. "I've never had it," he says. "Have you?"

Um, yes.

And I have to admit something. As I drank it, I  became all sorts of nostalgic and realized right away, "That beer isn't that bad." Actually, it's pretty good.

Okay. Okay. I know I was walking down memory lane with it, but I had to reach out to Matt, and say, "Duuuuddddeee." All it took was a photo and he texted back, "nice."

I honestly didn't know it was still made and there it was...in my hand...like I just turned 21 and I had a budget of $100 a month for groceries (and it was all spent on beer).

Oh, the undergraduate years. I can afford better beer now, but I think I may be returning to my past and simply giving into the Cream.

I guy can dream, can't he?

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment