Friday, July 7, 2017

And On This Friday, The Breath Begins To Be Held (We Got This)

I'm thankful to Ali Adan for his pre-NEH Hip Hop Institute photo shoot with me around the Fairfield University Stag. We were running around with our heads cut off getting ready for the Writing In The Limelight workshop, when it occurred to me that he might be able to get decent photos for CWP-Fairfield to get some good PR.

I love that a kid on his phone can accomplish more than I've been able to do in 45 years....semi-decent photos.

The NEH institute was a hit and it was wonderful working with 30 teachers from around the nation for a second day. It also is awesome to receive emails and messages from teachers wanting to know more and to gain additional resources. It was an honor to present on both days.

Today, though, I'm dropping the dog off at the vet and heading into alone time to get writing and organization done. As much as I hate it, I have to live in my office to be sure i's are crossed and t's are dotted (pun intended). Next Monday, we bring another 100 kids to campus, followed by two more weeks with 100s of kids and teachers. The paperwork is proof that this is all happening - there are no words for the behind the scenes action that make all the teaching and writing possible.

They say, "If you build it, they will come," and they have. It's been fantastic to build everything I loved about teaching in a diverse K-12 school to Fairfield University during the summer months. It's my nature to create the environments I appreciate and respect the most.

It's Friday everyone. Here's to another week of work in the books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment