Monday, December 11, 2017

Well, Monday. You're Here. I Enjoyed A Weekend At Home, Though

And this is the point of the semester that I take a deep breath and simply hope that I make it through to the end. Tuesday is the last night of graduate classes for me, and then the projects begin piling in. Of course, next semester is knocking at the door, and syllabi and book orders are due, plus another round of potential publications, conference proposals, and grants.

Office, here I come!

I did enjoy spending time at the house, however, and with Saturday's "Hollywood snow"...the first falling that covers everything beautifully, I couldn't help but snap a photo of Mt. Pleasant with he lights up. It's great sitting in my new work-chair, with the Christmas tree aglow to my left and the lights hanging in the window (where Glamis likes to sit so that people stop and see the doggie in the window).

I had a couple of nights of lousy sleep, and I'm trying to orange juice and tea myself from getting sick. The head wants to make room for the Mucinex monsters, but I have another plan of action. I'll keep getting to the gym to fight them off.

Most of my gifts are purchased, too. They are wrapped and ready to be brought to my tree (and then the Hulk to transport to Syracuse).

I'm thinking of Chitunga, however. He has back to back to back to back exams, followed by a paper. That's the life of a college student at the end of the semester, and I'm doing the same. I simply have to await the work to be turned in so I can grade everything and get them into the system on time.

Right now, however, I'm dreaming of sleep. It's morning, and I have many items to check off the list today, so I'm hoping to muster all the creative and intellectual energy that I can. I'm thankful to have work, employment, and an income, but at the end of a semester - especially a dossier application semester - I am simply all sorts of exhausted. This too shall pass. I'm counting my blessings...

...and wishing the best to students and professors who are doing the grind as we always do at this time of year. We're fortunate, indeed, if not at our edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment