Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Finally Took The Polar Plunge...Ran 5K on the Ice at a Slow Clip

When in Syracuse, do as the Syracusians do....wear lots of layers, cover your skin, and be sure only your eyes are exposed to the winds (but under goggles).

The holiday food fest finally got to me and I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to move. I've been running indoors for the last two months in Connecticut, but I don't have gym privileges when visiting home. I simply bit my lip and said, "Crandall, you got this."

My father has layers and layers of Christmas hoodies and sweatshirts from year's past and I know I can always dress like I'm going on an arctic expedition. Yes, one is okay looking like the Michelin Tire Man when one runs outdoors in Syracuse at the winter. It's call survival. This is how you shovel the driveway, you get your mail, and you drive to the grocery store.

I should point out, too, that the sky was blue yesterday and the sun was out (which is very, very rare for these parts). Usually, the ceiling is as gray as the photograph hanging in my parents room - yes, that's Cynde, Bryan, and Casey behind Wampa, the snow monster from Star Wars.

Truth be told, when one is wrapped up enough, the run doesn't feel that bad. Actually, after I finished I grabbed Glamis and took her for a walk around the block (which I'm glad I did, because I ran into Michelle Marley who I haven't seen since my little sister's wedding). She was like, "I brought my running gear, too, but I don't think I'll be foolish enough to run on these streets. They're awful."

I said, "Where is you core, Michelle? We are Syracuse people. This is nothing. At least it's 12 degrees above 0 and the windchill isn't -25 degrees yet?"

CNY joke.

And today, I'm likely to go for another run as it feels awesome to move the legs and arms and to breathe the cold, fresh air. Sitting still hasn't never been what I'm good at.

Maybe today it will snow like it's Eerie, Pennsylvania! That will make it even more adventurous.

3 comments:

  1. i want to tell the world about the great and mighty spell caster called Dr .osofo my husband was cheating on me and no longer committed to me and our kids when i asked him what the problem was he told me he has fell out of love for me and wanted a divorce i was so heart broken i cried all day and night but he left home i was looking for something online when i saw an article how the great and powerful Dr osofo have helped so many in similar situation like mine he email address was there so i sent him an email telling him about my problem he told me he shall return back to me within 48hrs i did everything he asked me to do the nest day to my greatest surprise my husband came back home and was crying and begging for me to forgive and accept him back he can also help you     contact      him ( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com ) 
    whasAPP him +2349065749952    

    ReplyDelete
  2. URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.








    URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost all hope when my husband filed a divorce paper. I was so confused and devastated I never knew what to do. until i was on net then i saw a lady testifying about this Dr peter how he helped how with her family issues, i decided to give a try cause i was desperate for his help i contacted him and told him about what was going on, then he asked for my details i gave and paid the necessary thing he demanded for. within 48 hours my husband who filed a divorce and refuse to come home came apologizing to me that he was sorry for everything he made me go through, now we are happily living together if you`re out there today similars to the problems i had before i recommend you to give Dr peter a try to make you happy again. contact him on drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com and whatsapp +2348162247974

    ReplyDelete