Friday, December 22, 2017

The Hulk, A Sleigh, & The Hamilton CD. Feeling Festive (& Cultured)

And the Grinch-mobile made it safe to Amalfi Drive (with a nervous traveler, Glamis, panting the entire way). The dog does like to be in the car when there are gifts in the trunk. She is a creature of habit and knows her routines, so if there's anything new in the car, she goes into total panic mode.

She panicked the entire trip.

I'm thankful that the highways were clear, the skies were blue, the construction was limited, and Leo Robinson loaned me the Hamilton soundtrack (I was able to listen to it, in its entire, twice).

Phew. The lyrics and language play are amazing. I'm looking forward to reading more about the musical, as I've been in the dark and haven't had time to ride the wave. I gave it a shot today, and I should have known: Lin Manuel-Miranda is brilliant. He is miraculous with his ear, attention, and style. I have heard people criticize his work, but I don't know how. It totally mesmerizes me. Sold.

Glamis was excited to see two of her cousins, but more thrilled to be reunited with Chitunga. I missed this, however, because I was with Butch at Uncle Chubby's doing what all the locals do their: drinking. Over the years, I've simply grown into the ritual for what it is --- too wild to make up. I was given four chips for free drinks and to come back. I guess I'll have to.

And it's supposed to snow today! It's hard to believe, but they're calling for 8 inches in Syracuse! I'm looking forward to playing in it!

I want to build a snowman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment