Friday, September 29, 2017

Tradition: Just A Few Months Later Than Usual (and in a new location)

I'm heading to UConn this morning after a day of meetings at Fairfield University. I got home to see the twins cleaned the house and rearranged furniture (which was a tremendous bonus to the day). In the afternoon, we headed to Walnut Beach so they could ride bikes and pimp Connecticut Bility style (with baskets and bells). The annual model shoots commences.

The other highlight for the day was stopping at Bridgeport Flyer for dinner. I've craved an omelet for a few days and never able to master them on my own, I let them Greek one up for me.

The countdown for departure, though, is upon us and it stinks they have adult lives and responsibilities. I feel bad that I couldn't take off and go on an adventure with them and that the usual summer routines weren't available. Still, they finally got to put on sweatshirts and enjoy the coastline now that Fall officially arrived (went down to 45 degrees last night).

Okay, UCONN. It's 6:00 a.m. and I need to head out the door to be at the conference in time. Glad I'll be in a car and not on one of these bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment