Thursday, September 28, 2017

Change of Pace. Say Yes. New Experience. Still Wonderful

 Abu, Lossine and I broke barriers and did professional development for the English faculty at Avon Farms Prep School, an exquisite campus east of Hartford, Connecticut with a reputation for excellence, empathy, integrity, and achievement. The faculty of 14 welcomed us with smiles and enjoyed the day of writing with our teach, discussing conferencing, and thinking ahead to yearlong professional development. As always, I was super impressed by the twins and all they bring to the intellectual table. The faculty at Avon Farms, too, was superb.
As I noted yesterday, the school was runner up for filming the dining hall scenes for the Harry Potter films. It was easy to see why, as the facilities has the Hogwarts feel.

The school had a tremendous international feel and the hospitality was more than one could ask for. I was very impressed by every individual we met.

We came back to Stratford in the afternoon, where soccer ensued and I actually took a nap. I knew I was grilling for many people at night - the last (hopefullly) hot day of....Fall. I am ready for crisp weather.

Sausages, hot dogs, burgers, Crandall special, Mac n Cheese, we were good for a small gathering in the middle of the week. We are, however, looking forward to sleep and, perhaps, chilling out a bit in the next couple of days, although I have to do UCONN on Friday.

Phew. The days blur but life continues to be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment