Saturday, September 2, 2017

It's All In The @konewvine and @SUSchoolofEd Family @SyracuseU

Chitunga & Keith Newvine, Syracuse Football 2017
Last night, Chitunga went to the Syracuse University football game against Central Connecticut State University (and learned the wonderful world of parking) when I saw that Keith Newvine, West Genesee High School teacher and doctoral student in Reading and Language Arts at Syracuse University, was also in attendance. I sent a couple of texts encouraging an introduction and, lo and behold, the two of them found one another.

Keeping it in the family, although a CNS grad has to be a little cautious of Wildcat types - they were rivals, after all.

Still, the brotherhood is real. I know that Drs. Kelly Chandler Olcott, Kathy Hinchman, and Marcelle Haddix are guiding his research and it thrills me to know that he's gracing the RLAC with his expertise, literacy passions, love of youth, and pursuit of excellence. Yep, I'm a Syracuse fan (and Louisville fan, the tensions are real) and Chitunga knows them both. He played for the Bassick Lions and, at one point, I dreamed that he could be a walk on for the Cards. Yet, as the photo above shows, "He's at LeMoyne," and Dolphins don't play football that well (baseball and lacrosse school).

The photo puts a smile on my face and love in my heart (as does the Mimi sweater Chitunga's wearing...she's targeted his aesthetics very well).

We're all kicking off a new year, a new semester, and juggling the stress of jobs, scholarship, and goals. Here's to Keith and Chitunga; perhaps this will be the first of many as the Orange and Blue spreads to the Patriot & Seahawk portions of his heart. I just hope they got something to eat at the Northstars Marching Band Booth (where I volunteered for three years when working on my doctorate).

I miss the Huntington Hall crew! I know that Becky is still holding it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment