Saturday, September 30, 2017

Best Friday Night in a Long Time. Friends. Fire. Laughter. Conversation. Friendship.

I was on the road at 6 a.m. yesterday morning and, due to traffic from New Haven to Stratford on my way back from UCONN, I was stuck in traffic for 2.5 hours (there were two men with a hand held chisel working on the corner of an underpass and, because of this, there were 14 construction trucks placed on the side of the road).

And breathe.

We had an impromptu corn hole tournament, while I grilled up some steaks and hotdogs, before lighting a fire in Chitunga's father's day gift. Leo, Abu, Lossine, Pat, Kaitlyn, Kris, Isaiah, Ish, and William joined the Friday night kvetching. The temperatures have definitely dropped in Connecticut and last night was the perfect night for such a gathering.

Ah, but this morning, the boys have departed with a carload of hoodies, boots, and flannels for Chitunga. Their goal? To be home for a soccer game by noon. Priorities never alter, and with that I wish them safe travels and I'm heading into a day of needing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment