Friday, September 15, 2017

She'll Feel Pretty, Oh, So Pretty...As Pretty As Pretty Can Be

It always makes me happy when one of my ideas come to fruition and I actually am able to pull it off. My beautiful older sister has to have the tip of her nose scraped today to have a spot tested, a red marking that has been there for a while. She was afraid she'd have to wear a clown nose or big bandage, and I thought about it a lot. "They must make nose warmers for the winter," I thought. "I wonder if I can find one online."

Boy, oh boy. I lucked out because I found a woman who hand knits nose covers and she had a frog pattern. I immediately ordered it and hoped it would make it in time for her procedure.

I had a note sent, too: I expect a selfie which I got, and now I'm hoping that she will carry it with her to the doctors and after all procedures are done, she'll put it on and say, "Okay, Doc. I'm all set. Thanks for your hard work."

And, oh lord, Mike, if Thor hits me with a "thunderbolt of lightening" for sending this gift, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to recover.

This is all to say that I am thinking of Cynderballz today and hope the quick procedure leaves her with minor marks. It's not quite a Rudolph nose or one Stephen King's IT would wear, but I think it is a wonderful gesture of love and kindness.

I will send Chitunga to her house, too, to give the tip a kiss. Best of luck today, Balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment