Sunday, September 10, 2017

This is the Face of a Man Leaving his Office for the Last Weekend Fest

I couldn't help but leave my office yesterday, good ol' 115 of Canisius Hall, with a little more pep in my step and pride in my stride. After living in my office on weekends for the last month, I finally am feeling like the charting, labeling, reflecting, tabling, and composing is in a good location...

...this after the computer crashed before all the summer labs...

...this after 221 kids, 27 teachers, and 17 instructors in the labs and with teacher institutes...

...this after kicking off a new semester.

Yes, the grays in my bed and hair came for a reason. This entire process has aged me, but I feel somewhat refreshed knowing that soon I will be able to get to the writing projects that matter so much more to me. I feel like this process is healthy and good, but tabulating 5 years of work has taken its toll.

There seems to be a pattern with hurricanes and my terminal projects that seem to go hand in hand with the work I've set out to do at Fairfield. Six years ago it was the dissertation monster and Sandy; this time, it was all the dossier. I'm not sure which was worse, but as I've noted, I've gone total ram mode and I'm getting 'er done.

In the meantime, I am thinking about my Houston friends and now really concerned for those  I know and love in Florida. I am hoping everyone makes it out okay. Irma is a monster and dangerous, indeed. I am hoping for the best, without the catastrophe.

Prayers up, Earth. We all can use it on this Sunday morning...actually, we can use them everyday, for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment