Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Day of Dividing, Labeling, Organizing, and Listing

There are six days left, but I am making headway. Today, I am creating the labels for all appendices and getting ready to update the Table of Contents outlining the last five years of my life: scholarship, publications, grants, presentations, service, reports, and CWP-Fairfield work. I spent all of yesterday realigning all binders and being sure that there are locations in my Statement of Case that refer to the supporting materials I provide.

I am drawing on my qualitative research days where I looked at 1,000s of pages of collected data trying to make sense of what young men from Sudan, Liberia, and Somalia taught me about writing.

Now, I'm looking at the monies granted to me, the awards, the publications, the conferences, and the professional development to say, "This is who I am, World. This is Dr. Bryan Ripley Crandall." It is truly exhausting, but also rewarding to get this organized in the work of 5 years and the outreach the work I've done has had. It is odd to see it all enraptured in black binders and explicated summary so that others can have understanding of my Assistant Professorship and CWP Directorship. It's been 24/7, 365 days a year work and summing it up in one locations has given rise to stomach cramps, headaches, sweat, worry, sleeplessness, and a drive to ram forth.

I'm getting there, and when it is over, it will be what it is.

Hello, Saturday. Hello, Canisius Hall. I'm dedicated to you so I can spread out. Classes and meetings for next week can take a short hiatus until I accomplish this task. I know I'm just one of many, many people who have participated in such labor. It is what it is and I'm hunkering down to run the final laps.

Phew. I tell you what, "Nothing prepared me for all that it takes." As Chitunga said, "You got this."
I hope so. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment