Monday, September 11, 2017

Pierogies & Puppies, But Now It is Monday (Ram Mode Ahead)

Feeling negligent to Glamis's needs and desires (because I've been living in laptop land at the office), I set up a play date with Mae & Jake so they could run laps in the yard, wrestle, and basically tire one another out.

I think it worked. This was after the first two hours. I mowed and weed-wacked while they exhausted themselves.

Then, while outside edging the driveway, my elderly neighbor from Poland came over with a plate of homemade pierogis that, she said, she and her daughter visiting from Poland just made.

"They fresh. You eat now," she yelled over the motor. "Okay, I will," I told her. I didn't eat them right away, though, because I invited friends over for a mid-afternoon soon-to-end roasted vegetable, cous cous, and grill bonanza. That's when we heated the pierogis and they were delicious (wish my mom could have joined us for the feast).

Then, I returned to dossier land editing one more time until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Meanwhile, my mind has been on those in Florida, still catching glimpses of news reports to find out what damage the winds and surges have caused - so eerie to see all the ocean water retreat as it did because Irma sucked it all up in its power. It was just plain spooky.

Crazy to know, too, that when I went to bed, the monster was only 1/3rd of its way up the State. 24 more hours of its wrath to see what comes next. I guess we should all count the blessings that so many got out of the way.

Shoot. I wish they could of come over for a puppy play date and pierogis. They really were good (and guess what, there are leftovers!).

Okay, here we go - time to read and get ready for the classes this week. Soon, oh, so so soon, I will get space in my pace once again to not have so much on my mind).


No comments:

Post a Comment