Sunday, November 26, 2017

Celebrating The Kid, Age 22, With Friends and a High Five Before He Returns to Syracuse

I could have purchased pizza, but opted to make Crandall special and to heat up leftovers from the fridge. Kudos to Pam for the cake and Leo & Bev for the incredible salad. It makes for a great evening of food, birthday songs, celebration, friendship and family.

We got many corn hole games in, too. That's something to celebrate.

I'm laughing, because with the entertaining, we've also moved Mustapha's bed/bedroom (dining hall) from upstairs to downstair, back upstairs to downstairs, and upstairs and downstairs again.

We've also rearranged the the dining room to the kitchen, and the kitchen to the dining room a few times, as we've changed the angle of our celebration and reason for gathering.

In short, it was a lot of fun. Now, I need to spend my morning preparing for the inevitable silence to come. The boys began packing last night and I thought, "Well, this is occurring quickly." I'm officially Grandpa Ken and Grandma Vera who will be standing in the driveway to wave goodbye. Never saw that day coming, but it's here.

I can't wait to get to the end of December to return to Syracuse and continue the fun. It all flies by, just like this week.

Cheers, Chitunga. We all love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment