Thursday, November 23, 2017

And I Am Thankful For The Surprise And The Arrival To Mt. Pleasant (All Safe)

Nothing makes me happier than the bond between Chitunga and Glamis. She knows. I wasn't home when I arrived, but I learned from Abu that Glamis was super excited to see them both.

News flash. Abu called in the morning and said he wasn't able to make it, because he had responsibilities in Syracuse. Well, 10 minutes after coming back from the gym, Abu jumps out of the closet and surprises me. This has made for a a wonderful Thanksgiving thus far.

That, and Mustapha also came to visit, so there's a trifecta in my home for the Thanksgiving cookery of tomorrow (the turkey is currently settling in brine solution and herbs).

Last night, we ventured out with Leo, Bev, Kaitlyn and Pam to Lasses for our cheap, but delicious chicken dinners. The rest of the night was spent catching up, discussing the universe, predicting the future and laughing at memories.

I'm missing Lossine, but am glad that Mustapha has joined us. And I'm sure that Glamis will be in overdrive for the next few days bouncing around to her buddies who will take her for runs, throw her a ball, and simply lay down on the floor for her.

I will absorb it all for all it offers, knowing that it sadly will end as soon as it begins. Today, we're cooking. We have our roles and we got this Thanksgiving thing, Crandall style.

I'm thankful for the boys, my family, my friends, my life and my dreams. I seriously could never imagine that this is what the world would be at this point, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Gobble Gobble Gobble. Feeling lucky, indeed (and thankful).

No comments:

Post a Comment