Thursday, November 16, 2017

Arrived. Settled In. Ready To Go for #NWPAM17 and #NCTE17. Top Floor. Great View. Bring It

This is the view from the window (still don't know what the smoke is from in the distance, but there was definitely a major fire in St. Louis. We saw it from the sky and ground upon arriving). So far, all my companions have made it safe, and today we are heading to the National Writing Project Annual Meeting to discuss our National Park Service collaboration with Weir Farm and our Project Citizen work with the SEED Summer Camp grant.

These educators are spectacular. You need to talk with them and see what they've accomplished.

St. Louis is definitely midwest. Being in the northeast the last 11 years has me forgetting the pace of these parts: the laid back nature, the limited attention to the needs of customers (at the airport waiting for a pre-paid shuttle, in line to get luggage where the suitcases come sporadically, waiting for someone to wait on you to check into a hotel, having a waiter realize you're sitting and ready to order). I definitely have relearned the fast pace these last few years, the on the spot action of the northeast, and I have to admit, my patience is not what it used to be. There's things to be done...work to be accomplished...fires to be put out.

I'll keep my post light today as I'm fried, I need to go, and I can't keep up with all the stimulation. I had great seat partners on the planes and I definitely want to write about them. Also, LOVE the hotel's gym...will definitely visit that again today.

And we're off. Here it all begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment