Thursday, November 30, 2017

And Then You Feel Older and Older, and Older Even More. Love from CNY

 I was out doing a little Christmas shopping when my Chitunga sent me photos of JC's artwork at his school, and then my little sister, KC, sent photos of him and Jacob (looking all grown up). She also sent me a photo of Tunga with a homecoming date of yesteryear -- NICOLE MARLOW! Wow! So great to see her again and to know her daughter is in the same grade as my nephew. I love his smile and the fact he's in a tie....little man is growing up too fast and he looks extremely happy in the photo she sent.

I went with Nicole to a homecoming dance back in our sophomore, junior, or senior year (I can't remember which). I just remember that she was always a genuine soul, a caring individual, and a devoted student...putting herself through law school and doing the class of 1990 very proud.

It thrills me to know that I get representation at such events when I'm all the way down in Connecticut, and am even more excited to get photos like this.
Today is another whirlwind, and it begins at 8 a.m. at a Fairfield University Board of Trustees meeting. I'm filling a spot this year as an assistant professor on the committee that works with them. This follows with a string of student meetings, followed by another round of our College Ready Writers program with Stamford and Bridgeport teachers.

Phew! Lots to cover.

I am, however, looking forward to the weekend, because I think the NCTE conference and Thanksgiving bonanza is catching up. I'm ready for a very long nap and a couple of days in sweatpants and lounging. It's tea and soup season, and I want to rest a little more.

But Nicole looks great and this is a photo to cherish for a long time. Some people never age and she's one of them. She still looks 18, whereas I'm looking more and more like an aged Ewok who is kin to Santa Claus. Not the greatest look (but it's the No Shave November thing).

Time to go. Here's to friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment