Friday, November 24, 2017

And I Interrupt This Turkey Coma To Share My New Friends (made by Katelyn)

These are my new friends, and they were made for me in a pottery class by Kaitlyn Marie (fired up in the kiln and now on display on Mt. Pleasant). I found them in my fridge. Actually, they were with the leftovers from Lasse's and the boys threw the little guys in the fridge next to the pasta and chicken. I found them when prepping for yesterday's Gravy fest (which I screwed up...long story).

I like my little guys...haven't named them yet (but they do look like Abu, Lossine, and Chitunga).

I'm starting my day thinking about what a success yesterday was, even though the only one who went back for a second plate much later in the day was Chitunga. He packed it in. The rest of us settled with only one helping around 3 (and then the comas came on). We walked, cleaned, played football, but that food is no joke.

At 7 pm I thought, "I'm ready for bed." I thought it was midnight.

So, we looked at the On Demand movies and finally settled on Wonder Woman, which was wonderfully done and engaging (of course, I only listened to it, as I began working on other projects: laptop, iPad, iPhone). I'm so inattentive when it comes to watching movies. Even so, it caught my attention and I looked up from time to time.

And today, we put up the holiday decorations: lights, tree, and other shenanigans (which will keep my spirit up until arriving in CNY to family and the love of the season).

My only goal today is to stay far, far away from stores. I will never understand how anyone could think that going out on Black Friday is a good thing. It's dumb, plain dumb (he writes, knowing that he's likely to venture somewhere with Chitunga, Abu and Mustapha).

Happy Friday. You hungry for leftovers yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment