Monday, October 23, 2017

Sunday, Funday, But Now It's Monday, And I Fixed My Fence

The vast part of my Sunday morning was spent in preparation of an online seminar I'm giving through Read. Write. Act out of the University of North Carolina (more on that as the date gets near). When I finished working on that, I decided to head to Home Depot to check out potential gates, as a Tru- Green agent accidentally broke mine when he was aerating and putting seed down for the winter (he left a note that said, "sorry," and the management told me they would replace the gate). Rather than stress out by hiring someone, I decided I would simply go to the store and do it myself.

I've been watching videos for a few weeks now.

No project is ever as easy as you think it is going to be, but I managed to finished in three hours. I was rather impressed with myself, too, using my circle saw, drills, and all the parts. I now have a gate that springs back into place and stands sturdier than it previously had. And I did the project for a reasonable amount (wondering how much someone would have charged to do it for me).

I don't know why I wanted to save TruGreen money, but I thought it would be a good exchange. It was an accident and I couldn't fault the guy. These things happen. I was just glad to read a note where he fessed up a "whoops."

Then, finishing the project, I returned to finish my project for this Friday's presentation, frustrated by technology, but excited by its potential.

My house has been neglected, as has my cooking. Glamis was fed, however (I got her food and even a Bull stick to chew on).

I was thinking, though, how much I love doing manual labor and I wish I had more opportunity to learn more about the ins and outs of getting things done. I now want to build a house, so I can be part of the construction from beginning to end. I want to learn.

But it's Monday. Ain't nobody got time for that. Rather, here's the workweek. We are back at it, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment