Monday, October 16, 2017

Hmmm. A 42 x 36 Frame, and I Just Might Finish This Seven Year Writing Project

I've taken a bit of a hiatus, but I'm back at the Literacy4Life project I began in my Board Advisory of Hoops4Hope. For 7 years, students have written about their philosophies of literacies and, as per direction, articulated their thinking through visual art to represent what they believe. This year, in ED 455: The Literate Learner I finally finished the last life skill - sense of humour.

All the skills are now framed and ready to go, but I still need to find one for the giant Africa that was created my first year at Fairfield. I wasn't thinking, and I created the outline of Africa before actually sizing a frame. The problem, I have yet to find a frame big enough. I keep looking (and I'm cheap). Once it is frame, the entire seven year project will be complete.

This morning, I am thinking of my own sense of humour as this week is beyond insane with commitments. I literally go from one thing to the next thing to the next thing and beyond, all the way to a week from Wednesday. The breathing room is minimal.

Of course, I'm looking ahead to the days wondering, "But you didn't have a weekend, because all you did was prepare for all to come."

Not complaining. Just acknowledging the facts here - the way it truly is.

Okay, Monday. We got his. Inhale and exhaled sometime next week. Focus. There's a lot to be accomplished starting right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment