Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Butterlips Glamis Marie Can Thank Her Lucky Thieving Stars It Didn't Stab Her Head

This actually happened Sunday night, but I was too excited about the video with Miss Twiggley's Tree. I had barbecued chicken for the week and as I cooked rice, I put it on the counter (stupidly by the butter dish which Glamis's favorite thing to thieve). I was writing in the living room when I heard the thunk, and when I ran to the kitchen, I saw the knife sticking straight into the hardwood floor.

She got a piece of chicken, I believe, but the knife that was on top of the pile must have fallen towards her head. I was startled at first, then laughed, followed by reprimanding myself for being stupid to think Glamis wouldn't try to thieve grilled chicken next to the butter dish.

Mystery solved. She's a vagabond and a burglar.

I can't blame her. The chicken was good and knowing the days for cooking outside are dwindling, it would be selfish of me to hog all the goods for myself.

She is okay...well fed, and okay.

And this guy is hoping the humidity really does fall tonight. I went to the gym and then walked the dog. I think I was more drenched from walking the dog. It was a muggy mess out there. I'm ready for apple crisp and hot chocolate, not drenched shirts and sticky armpits.

Phew. Is it Tuesday already?

No comments:

Post a Comment