Sunday, October 8, 2017

I Need To Hire A Hire a Diner Chef To Cook For Me On Sunday Mornings

A week ago, at UCONN, my colleague Betsy and I arrived an hour early so decided to grab an omelet, some coffee, and good ol' fashioned home fries. We found TOAST, which we later learned to be a campus icon that is a favorite of students, parents, and alumni (one of the best omelets I've ever had).

I loved the decorations around the diner, too, as they were all recreations of spoons, forks, and knives. The service was fast and the food delicious.

Alas.

I wake up on Mt. Pleasant on a Sunday morning and I don't even have milk to go with my Raisin Bran. I used to say I wanted a personal hair masseuse to wash my hair salon style every morning (I love having my scalp massaged). Now I want a diner chef to stop by on Sunday mornings to whip me up breakfast as I sip my coffee and get read for the day.

Breakfast remains the best meal of the day and this morning I'm craving French toast, pancakes or anything. Hell, I'd even settle for scrambled eggs, bacon, and Thomas English muffin.

Not fair I have to cook it all myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment