Saturday, October 7, 2017

Pumpkins on the Pier, Milford, Connecticut. A Nice Friday Night to Unwind

 The Boys and Girls Club of Milford host a fundraiser at Walnut Beach to welcome a full moon and to kick off the Halloween season with decorative pumpkins, a beer fest, food trucks, and bands. We chose to kick of the three-day weekend with an evening with Milfordites and the best part of it was the moon on the water, the cool air finally washing in over the Long Island Sound, and the company.

After a day in the office coding data and trying to make sense of numerous projects, I needed a long walk with Glamis and some time to enjoy the locale of southern Connecticut.

The temperatures are still up, but they are falling and becoming more Autumn-like, which I am looking forward to (I jumped the gun to put flannel sheets out a little to early, as the nights became warm once again).

I happened to vote for the Star Wars pumpkins display, although the Alice in Wonderland display was also nice (it's just that Alice didn't look so hot).

I am now looking forward to the next few days where the agenda can set itself and second by second can fly by the seat of its pants, rather than be an alarm ringing on my Phone that I'm supposed to be here at this time with this number of materials to present.

We planned to carve pumpkins, but that endeavor never happened because, well, we didn't buy any pumpkins. I did, though, get fried dough and that made this fair-going fellow happy. It wasn't the best, but it sufficed.

Fall is such an odd season for decoration and I'd like to simply jump from August until Christmas. I'm not into the hay, corn, squash, mums, and scarecrows. Give me snowmen and reindeer, lights and green trees.

Ah, but something has to be done to stall time and now we're all stalling.

Fall is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment