Saturday, October 21, 2017

I Get To Spend This Morning Being Poetic, But First There Was Yesterday

Nope. It wasn't graduation, but in was precursor of sorts, welcoming the new president of Fairfield University. I marshaled undergraduates and was fortunate to participate in the pomp and circumstance. It was remarkable to see representation from so many Universities worldwide, coming to our campus on a stunning day to tell Dr. Nemec, "Welcome to your new role at Fairfield University."

We also sat in the sun, and I thought to myself, "It's October. It could have snowed."

But it was beautiful, just like the National Day on Writing that was hosted by the University's Writing Center in collaboration with K-16 teachers worldwide. Between my Twitter account, Facebook account, campus participation, and daylong celebration, I came home, walked the dog, and totally collapsed.

I was spent...not an ounce of energy left.

That is why I'm looking forward to attending a co-ed baby shower this afternoon, and finishing a project I've been working on for a few weeks. I think, however, I'm ready for a couple days away from the campus to work on other items needing attention.

Happy Saturday, world. Enjoy this great weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment