Friday, October 20, 2017

Paging Mr. Kelly! Mr. Kelly. Paging Mr. Kelly! And The Milford Beach Winner Is...

Running from campus to gym and with a list of errands to accomplish before I went to bed, I stopped by Walnut Beach in Milford to root on my favorite Pit Bull/American Bull Dog mix in his first ever Halloween contest parade. Last year, some time near Thanksgiving, I found a dog costume for $2 and picked it up for Jake. I dressed him one night when his canine wife wasn't looking and had him run down the stairs to surprise her. It was hilarious. 

Pam said, "I'm going to have him lead many parades," and last night he did - the one at the Walnut Beach dog costume contest. I'm proud to say that he got first place, although he was ridiculously vocal while the contest was going on doing his best impersonations of a maimed Chewbacca. The sounds that dog can made are haunting, and I thought for a second he was calling whales and mermaids trapped in the Long Island Sound. He looked good, though, and won a skeleton dog toy of which he destroyed in 10 minutes. 
Other dogs were dressed as butterflies, prompted queens, devils, cowboys and cow girls. Jake, however, made a phenomenal drum major or bell boy (depends on the perspective you take. 

I made it in time to Big Lots and Michaels for the other projects I had lined up for the evening, but when I returned home, I realized the pizza slices I thought were in the fridge were actually given to my own dog, so it was an evening of roasted peanuts and Triscuits for me (in front of the television for Scandal while preparing a presentation to be uploaded tomorrow for a conference next Friday.

Ah, but this was a special treat to see Jake-a-boo win a special prize for looking so dapper. As I texted Pam and Kaitlin, it was the best $2 I ever spent. I will always be a fan of Clearance racks and humor. In this case, I won!




No comments:

Post a Comment