Monday, May 1, 2017

It's Derby Week, Monday, and Well....I'm Off. Here We Go!

I accomplished a lot this weekend, really I did. Of course, I did two days in the office, because I knew I needed to get ready for the week ahead. It would be one thing to be double booked every day, but I am triple booked, so I'm heading out the door in full sprint mode (with prayers). I got this. I can do it. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

And I'm fueled. I skipped doing FaceTime with Chitunga last week, because neither of us had time, but we got an opportunity to catch up last night (two more weeks and he he's home!). I'm on the other end of where he is, as he has papers and finals and I'm assigning papers and finals, so we're doing this sprint together. The finish line is when he comes to Connecticut on the 12th and then I can assign him house chores (actually, we're planning a break to see my cousin in Long Island).

All my undergraduate projects are in and need to be graded. One more graduate course and then they will turn in work needing to be graded. Book chapter heading to press, new book chapter outlined, and presentations all set. Snap, I even have next week's Student and Teaching Celebration ready to go. The one thing I still need to work on, however, is Saturday's Writing In The Limelight family event at the Fairfield University book store. As soon as Wednesday comes and goes, I'll be able to focus on that.

I'm going as fast as I can. The week is chasing after me, but I invested a lot on Saturday and Sunday. At some point I'll collapse, but there's no time for that now. There's too much needing to get done.

So, bring out the Derby horns. I'm galloping ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment