Sunday, May 7, 2017

Here's The Bourbon Recipe I'm In Love With. Yum

Last weekend, I had an old fashion at Brewport, which was Bullitt Rye, marmalade, root beer, and pomegranate grenadine. I tinkered with it a bit, and alternated clementines and Mango Tango for the bitters and sweetness, and wola, I created a Mt. Pleasant variation.

I was fried when people started to arrive, but the gifts of bourbon were greatly appreciated. It truly is remarkable how many variations of whisky, rye, and bourbon there are - and I believe the guests got into them all. I bought three kinds, but a good four brands were brought to my house for the festivities (as a return).

Pam won the Derby pot and Ken got the remaining (for having the last-placed horse). After several weeks of non-stop work, spending an afternoon cleaning the house for company was much needed, even though it quickly returned to its original state of chaos.

And I'm thankful to the Great Whatever for parting the clouds and letting the sun outside so most of the anarchy could be on the patio.

But today is for grading. I need to be non-stop in assessment mode so I can catch up to the two weeks I've spent going, going, and going. It's been fun, but I'm looking forward to 24 hours with nothing on the agenda so I can go back to nerding out.

Ah, Kentucky. I enjoy your rituals so much more now that I've been ten years gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment