Thursday, May 25, 2017

And Then The Rainbow Twirl From Hell Entered My World

I can't even look at the rainbow globe without freaking out. Why? Because I woke up yesterday with that showing on my laptop. I've said for two years now that there's something wrong with eh MacBook Pro given to my by Fairfield University, but the more they probed and prodded they found nothing.

The Rainbow Twirl from Hell comes and goes, and usually she subsides after being awake for 45 minutes. Yesterday, I couldn't use the computer for four hours and, in panic with a report deadline, all-day PD, and an evening presentation for 350+ youth and families in Bridgeport, I knew I needed to act fast.

Lucky for me, I was able to retrieve the items I needed for survival over the next couple of days, and they transferred those to a lender machine, which works so much faster and efficiently, but the screen is 10 times smaller and my eyes are going batty. Ah, I can't complain, however, because I'm able to keep the ball rolling.

Phew. Wiping sweat from brow, but still threatened by the rainbow image of doom.

Today is a challenge of fifth grade writing, followed by the BHEA Award Ceremony at Fairfield University. I would write more, but the scare of computer demise about did me in yesterday...so that's it folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment