Friday, May 5, 2017

And This Nerd Finds Himself Totally Exhausted on a Rainy Friday


I have to acknowledge that this post is inspired by a Facebook post offered by my Louisville sister, Meredith Sewer (Annie) who reminded me of this film yesterday. I grew up worshiping this film and the ultimate "Revenge of the Nerds" storyline.

Yes, Lewis, Gilbert, Poindexter (loved Poindexter, Worser, Booger, Lamar, Takashi, and the crew offered hope for the geeky, the dorky, the pathetic, and the studious while I was a young man hoping for a place in collegiate life.

Of course, I saw Annie's post when I was trying to perfect a Rye/root beer/mandarin drink in preparation for a Derby party. In two attempts, I realized I'm not only a nerd, but I can be a tipsy nerd rather quickly.

And while watching Scandal, my weekly guilty pleasure, I realized how much I need to revisit this film to see just how successful I've been pushing forward in a nerdy life.

The exhaustion of the semester has caught up to me and I'm sad that I cut my hair and can't quite capture the Poindexter of my dreams.

Enjoy the music. Today is a grading day for me! And tomorrow, Writing in the Limelight  at Fairfield University Bookstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment