Thursday, March 16, 2017

So Ready To Hit the Pause Button. How is it Thursday Already?

I am very thankful that I took Thursday - Saturday to get away to NYC with Chitunga and the Writing Our Lives conference, because the rest of this week (my Spring break) is simply flying by.

I went into the office today after the storm to get much needed work done, when I learned that the office will be closed for the next few days with no electricity. Ugh. I will work from home or in other buildings on campus, but I'm very aware of the moving clock and the fact that 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year are not enough time to accomplish everything that is on the to-do list.

I try not to panic. I breathe in, and I breathe out.

Of course, I also dream. I dream of having the salary of others...I dream of distributing my salary, Oprah style, so that others can have opportunities in this world. I dream of working hard, but also finding time to talk on the beach and enjoy sunsets. I dream of a non-24-hour-news cycle.

Phew. In the time I just spent to write this, I lost how many minutes this morning.

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping, slipping, into the future. 

It will all get done. It always does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment