Friday, April 7, 2017

Man, Did I Smell That Bad? I Mean, I Eventually Showered.

It continues to rain in Southern Connecticut, but I did get the sump pump fixed and a new hot water heater, so I was finally able to shower. I went to work earlier this week and even my own stench made me gasp, even though everyone said that they didn't notice.

But then, yesterday, one of the schools I work at most sent their kids home early because, as the news reported, a toxic smell was making several kids sick. In fact, a few kids were hospitalized.

I had to contact many to say, "No, that wasn't me. Yes, I smelled, but I wasn't the cause of the shutdown. I cleaned myself up and it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

Seriously, though, I'm feeling for my teaching friends and their students who had to spend a day yesterday with an odor in their school that caused for evacuation. I can only imagine the chaos that created at the school, and the drama that will follow in days to come when kids will have flashbacks to whatever it was that created the turbulence in the first place.

But it wasn't me. I checked. I checked each pit. I'm good to go.

Finally, rumor is we have about two more hours of rain this afternoon, and then the sun is coming back. We need it to dry up all this moisture. There's nowhere else for it to go except into basements (and that paranoia has me sleepless).

No comments:

Post a Comment