Saturday, April 15, 2017

Feeling Unproductively Productive in an Productive Unproductive Way

Good Friday was yesterday...let's recap whether or not it was good or not.

I awoke, started digital projects and made some headway. Chitunga had an interview downtown and we had a lunch date in Liverpool at 1:30 (an awesome Salmon, ginger, walnut, mandarin orange salad if I do say so myself). It was also awesome to see Rhiannon and to catch up with her. Of course, I did a 5K before even thinking about seeing her, simply because she's training for a triathlon. It's the least I could do.

Tunga and I had another project we needed to get atop of - upgrading our phones and getting on a more economical plan. I've been loyal to Spring for 12 years and I use the same store in Cicero to do all my work. I've tried to work with Connecticut branches, but the agents are rude, obnoxious and out of touch. I prefer my CNY peeps on phone service and they continued to be great. Sprint, on the other hand, tried to trip me up. I hate to get belligerent but when the time comes, it comes. Long story short, we now have upgraded our phones and are on the same plan (he in Syracuse and me in Stratford).

We also did a CNY Friday night fish fry on Good Friday. We weren't alone, as the line outside of Sal's fish fry went for miles, but Cynde and I persevered and we got out fish for the family.

But then, Friday night, I realized the next few weeks ahead and I went into a panic. I know today needs to be a work day: hopefully start with a Wegman's run for mom, then quite a few hours behind the screen (maybe the entire day), and then much optimism for Easter Sunday. Everything needs to be lined up for the return (taking a mini-break makes me realize how 24/7 the work I do actually is - feeling a little panicked and behind). It will get done.

Of course, now I need to figure out a new phone, and I wasn't thinking that I'd have to redo passwords, access, photos, etc. to get back into the rhythm and flow of my IPhone 5s. I skipped a generation, I believe, and now at in the 7th generation. We shall see.

Ah, but the dogs are happy. In fact, they're sleeping like babies from all the play. Happy for them and wishing them another day of such energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment