Monday, April 10, 2017

I Hate It When I Misplace Items That I Need. Ugh!

I had an extremely productive day yesterday, meeting all of my goals, worked in my office, did yard work, walked the dog, and prepped for the week. That is when I realized I couldn't find my wallet. I have looked everywhere and tore everything apart...my car, my house, my office, everything. I know I had it on Saturday night because I remember it sitting to my left on the couch. Typically, before I go to sleep, I relocate it to a position in the kitchen so I will remember to grab it in the morning.

Nope. No luck.

I could have sworn it was with me in my office today, but when I went back, I didn't find it. I have a bad habit of putting it on this shelf or that ledge, within this pocket or that crevice while I'm doing other things. Usually with a couple swipes around where I've been, I find it.

Not last night, and I'm feeling naked without it.

Yuck on Monday already. Hand to face, indeed. Woke up with zero to no sleep, so I never really woke up at all. I just laid in bed worrying.

Got up at 6 a.m. to drink coffee and head to do presentations at Housatonic. Just as I had my first sip, I get the following text message from Pam. "Look what Jakey brought me this morning. Is it yours?"

Oh. Jake.

You are my hero today.

I feel so much better now.

Thank you for not eating it.

You should be proud.

I see it in your face.

Now I can head out into the world feeling good that life can go on as it should.

I would hate to know that this had to be pumped from your stomach.

So appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment