Friday, January 6, 2017

Here Ye! Here Ye! The Jury Is In! I'm Exhausted And...

I have jury duty.

Yup.

Begins today, at 8:30.

The only other time I was selected to serve was while in Indiana, my last year of teaching in Kentucky. At that point, I was ready for something new, but jury duty was not it. I lasted the entire day and then they let me go. I'm hoping the same will be true today.

I've packed my bags with reading materials and distractions, and hope I don't start laughing with my sense of humor as the processes for selection begin. Then again, a nervous laugh my serve me well.

Since the 28th, Cynderballz's birthday, when Chitunga and I have returned, I've been on turbo charge to get ahead of the game in fear that I will be called to sit on a jury that will keep me from my work at Fairfield. I never trust my luck.

Can I take notes so I can blog about this? Am I allowed to start a novel from what I experience? Shoot. Do they allow jurors to use technology while in the courts and to multitask?

Doubtful. I may be doomed

I am not designed for a court of law, but I promise I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment