Friday, January 20, 2017

And Then There's Next Week. Phew

Chitunga and I hit the road today in anticipation of his move-in tomorrow at LeMoyne. As promised, we went to Paradise Pizza one last time before heading up to Big Y for a batch of his favorite oatmeal raisin cookies.

In the meantime, I spent yesterday doing the following:

  • submitting a 2nd grant, after two others were completed this week,
  • creating websites for the spring semesters, 
  • setting up next weeks MLK celebrations: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday,
  • putting out the fires of graduate students needing to enroll in classes (including the history students now on my plate),
  • finishing my National Writing Project budget, 
  • giving out presents for youth leaders who worked for me last summer but spent the fall overseas,
  • arranging a possible collaboration with Lakota youth in summer 2017, 
  • getting groceries for Edem while he's at Mt. Pleasant alone this weekend, and
  • panicking that this weekend is spent in Syracuse, and all I have is next weekend for the dossier that is due....
  • oh, and time spent on the phone with EndNote because all my research files disappeared suddenly and they needed to guide me on how to get them back (which will be helpful for the dossier next weekend)
My downstairs is a warehouse of Chitunga's materials needing to be transported, and I guess the time has come for his leaving.

Phew. It's a lot.

It's definitely a lot, but this too shall pass. January always does (I just wish there was a way to multitask more on the 5 hours to Syracuse and the 5 hours back...but better safe than sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment