Monday, January 16, 2017

Full Circle - This One For the Fridge. Mine, I Believe, is with Butch

The countdown to departure continues, and Chitunga and I spent Sunday morning thinking about last items on his checklist. "I told my roommate I'd bring a refrigerator."

Um. We don't have one.

"Okay, let's go look."

Actually, because Chitunga was purchasing a new laptop, I said, "I can spring for the mini-fridge."

After all, my fridge from back in the day is still in my dad''s garage where he stores beers for neighbors when they come over. I'm thinking an investment in a fridge is an investment in the fact that one day I'll be able to do the same.

We opened our house for Green Bay/Dallas, Kansas City, Pittsburgh games and Edem arrived from Syracuse around 8:30 pm after taking an insurance examination in Buffalo and heading this way (8 hour drive. Yuck). He's settling in to begin his job tomorrow, and I'm tuning syllabi so I'm ready on Tuesday.

In the meantime, I bought an item to block the draft coming in from the front door and I barbecued chicken for dinner - the first time since last summer, and even roasted peppers. It was delicious.

But for today, MLK day, I'm thinking about two grants that need to be completed and chapter that needs to be tuned. Of course, aligning my syllabus is also imperative.

I got this. That is, after I bring Chitunga to Subaru to drop off his Imprezza for a tune up on his car before he heads north. Just let me sleep. That's what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment