Friday, February 10, 2017

And It Snowed. No One Went Anywhere. And I Plowed and Ate

The trouble with having a sleepover with three 2 year old dogs is that they are in their adolescence, and you remember those days...life is exciting and there's no need to sleep. At 2 a.m. Thursday night, Glamis and Mae were still up playing and wrestling. I finally fell asleep, and then learned from Pam that they were playing outsider her door at 4 a.m..

When I got up at 7 a.m., they were still playing.

Of course, by then the snow was really coming down and I knew that I had only a few hours of work before I would need to clear some of the snow. I'm glad that I split the day in half, clearing part of the snow halfway through he day, and the other right before dinner.

I also managed to score a whole filing cabinet of portfolios. I put on beans, sauce and vegetables, and our guest breaded chicken and made cookies. Edem was put on rice duty.

I went outside and, Butch style, plowed many of my neighbor's driveways as the plows buried the ends of our driveways and they were having a difficult time with their shovels putting a dent in the depth. Then I came inside to a great meal that we all contributed to.

Delicious. Snow day complete. I sort of relaxed, I guess --- caught up with This is Life and actually watched Scandal on the night it airs.

Driveway plowed twice. Snow is no longer dropping. Nice little storm.

And only 2 hour delays this morning, so I'll be heading to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment