Thursday, August 17, 2017

When the Neighbors Are Away, The Bry-Guy Will Play (with a Water Can)

The Wooley-Sealeys are in Trinidad with their family and this is my week to attempt to be the best side-lined water-boy a good colleague neighbor can be. I knew they had a few outdoor plants, but I wasn't prepared for so many annuals in pots. Let's just say that the green can and I have been tremendous friends this week...

...and I'm thankful for the Ishy toys that pop up out of nowhere to put a smily on my face. Today, the rubber squid monster next to a beautiful glass shell caught my attention. I wanted to take both home to add to my tchotchke collection.

Ah, but I left them. I went to the office knowing that the flowers chuckled at a drink of water before a day of intense tease and direct sunlight.

Even the fake plants got the one-two finger one-over this week. I know what is real and what is artificial.

The leaves on the trees, however, are turning over and I can tell they are ready to turn their colors and fall to the ground (once again trigger my economic plant to find a use for fallen leaves that will make this academic some money. Seems like a waste to only rake them up and put them at the roadside).

That squid, though. What a great friend to have in a household. Jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment