Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fog-Brain for the Frog-Man Who Is In Need of Lightening-Sharp Wit

I had a successful Friday in my office getting one step closer to scratching out bigger items on the to-do list. I know I have to sacrifice more this weekend and keep the pace, but I got home yesterday afternoon and realized, "My brain is not working right."

One...I know that I need to have my eyes checked. 20 years of Lasik surgery has been stupendous, but in the last few weeks, I feel I can't focus on words on the screen or paper (and driving hasn't been as crisp, either). Two...I'm fried from the summer work, but I can't be, as reports are due, grants have timelines, and I have my career-work to highlight. Three...it rained all day and, at night, created a complete dreariness in southern Connecticut. It feel like it was midnight by 7 p.m.

Then, after a quick salt potato dinner, my stomach decided it wanted to churn like it was making butter (or mashing those taters). I simply threw in the towel and called it an early night.

Boring. I know. But sleep is good to restore the brain cells I need to write my way through the last five years.

I hate when a summer ends, and I realize the summer is ending without enjoying the world as much as I might have. Alas, I'm blessed with the work I do and this means robust opportunities for kids and teachers when others have more freedom in their schedule.

So back to the grind I go. That's what it takes! Total ram-mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment