Sunday, March 5, 2017

Self Portrait After a Saturday Behind My Laptop

I was determined to finish grading a batch of undergraduate papers, merely so I would be able to tack today with zest and openness to prepare for another hectic week. I did manage to cook a makeshift dinner and Tunga and I were able to hit the gym, but otherwise I sat at my computer reading, editing, revising, and offering suggestions to student papers.

I was determined and I completed my goals, but the cost was shear numbness. By 10 pm last night I looked up and thought, "Whoa. That was a day I'll never get back.

I managed to listen two wins: Syracuse and Louisville, both teams looking good as we head into the madness. The t.v. was on while I read, but right now my brain is thinking, "$#@@$#@."

This is the life I love, but on days like yesterday, I really question the pace and rat race of the profession. I feel like I read 14 novels while leaving track changes in Word. Ah, but I got it done.

It's Sunday, a day of rest, and I really need to be proactive about the presentation ahead. I knew today would be a dull post because my brain can't muster up anything else to think about. Rather, it was a crazy teacher kind of Saturday and I'm simply glad I got through what I set out to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment