Thursday, March 2, 2017

I Feel Too Much. These Poor Crocuses...Too Soon. And the Frogs?

I left this morning bright and early for a 12-hour day (don't worry, I stopped by the house to give Glamis some people time), but before I left I noticed that the purple crocuses were already in bloom. It's March 1st people, and their are tornado warnings in the forecast with severe thunderstorms. Shouldn't this be April?

Of course, for a week now, I've been listening to the Peepers chirping their Stratford songs from their tree tops and the mucky land by ponds. Too early for frog mating rituals. But, Glamis is shedding and my house sparrows have returned to build nests.

Newsflash - they're all going to freeze their $#@$ off! We are due for much more winter, no matter the foolishness of Mother Nature. I imagine, too, this is going to cause severe depression who suffer from seasonal mood disorders. We're getting too accustomed to unseasonable temperatures. It's a bit odd, but I have known other years like this from my childhood. I also know enough about the northeast to say, "Don't put the winter jackets and snowblowers away yet. That would be foolish."

I simply feel sorry for nature who thinks it's okay to show that blooms, songs, and mating season can begin now - summer is coming. It is...just not yet.

And for those of us who teach, it makes us think ahead to beaches, more flexibility in our schedules, family time, and opportunities to actually think. I hate when this happens. There's a lot more winter left. Mark my words. I just hope that this unseasonal stuff doesn't inhibit the beauty of REAL spring. It can come...just bring it in April and not now.

Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment