Friday, March 10, 2017

A Little Spring Break Crandall Style...Just Enough

Tunga officially has three days left of spring break. I officially begin my spring break in three days. So, as luck would have it, we took advantage of teaching, tournament, and conference opportunities to get a short stint together in the big Apple.

Yesterday, it was back to back ACC games at the Barclay Center (worth it, but a bust), followed by a book signing/reading with Kwame Alexander, and finishing off with a Mexican restaurant with awesome Baja Tacos, Guacamole, and margaritas.

Today, we have four major projects on the radar (maybe five). First, we will survive the big, bad winter storm (of two inches. Relax people). Cousin Mark is coming in from Amagansett to hang with us, and Judy (blast from the past) is coming to join us. In the evening, I'm joining the Syracuse University crowd to get ready for the conference on Saturday.

I learned something yesterday that I didn't know: that is, Timberland boots are not the best for walking all over the Big Apple's streets. My toes are on fire (as are my heals).

We are staying at the Lexington (which is nice) and seem to be centrally located to all the objectives we're trying to reach. I laugh, because on the few occasions we made it to the hotel to unwind, Tunga was writing a philosophy paper and working on his resume.

Phew. Love the kid.

Looking forward to reading a couple of Kwame's new books and to welcoming Attallah to join us. I also can't wait to see Marcelle Haddix and Jen Russo. We will be out tomorrow night during the UNC/Duke game. All I can say is GO TARHEELS! Beat Duke.

And with that, I must begin my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment