Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Monday Proved To Be Monday, But With Drizzle (& A Nap)

Usually, I'm unaffected by rain, but when it is on a Monday after a week of full-pollen-in-effect, following an end-of-the-semester of non-stop shenanigans, and on the tail of a short Chitunga home-visit, the rain seems to be extremely powerful.

I woke up with a sinus headache and tried everything to get rid of it, including taking medicine that made my blood feel like is was operating in slow motion. Still, I did a long day in the office, visited a couple of schools, attended three meetings, and worked with finance on budgets. By 4 p.m., I knew I needed groceries and I wanted to get my haircut (I accomplished both).

The drizzle, though. Oof.

Glamis didn't want to go outside and after I fed her, she returned upstairs to a bedroom. I thought, "Let me lay down for a second on the couch," which I did, and the rest is history. I actually fell asleep for three hours. That is a nap, right? I napped? I napped! And it felt great.

It's May and the high was 58 degrees. I had to turn my heat back on to get rid of the damp. I snuggled in blankets and rested. I simply was done, cooked, zooted, fried, and exhausted. I listened to my body and let it shut down.

This is all to say that rain on a Monday after weeks, months, and a year of non-stop go, go, go = kryptonite for Crandall. It won and I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment